Button Balloon Embroidery {Snow Watch}

Apparently we are in the beginning of a ‘Big Freeze’.

We had a sprinkling of snow on Saturday night, which left a pretty layer over everything; this has now mostly turned to a horrid gray slushy ice.

Oh well, hopefully we will get a little more snow in the next few weeks, I do love my snow!

Between taking my sewing machine apart {more on this later} and sewing up almost 20 pouches I managed to get a little embroidery done this weekend.


A few weeks ago I treated myself to this book

Doodle Stitches
The Motif Collection, by Aimee Ray


A great starting point for newbies to embroidery like me, my favourite part is the disc which contains all the images from the book. Once up loaded to my computer I can edit and resize the images as I wish.

I tinkered about with image number, 433, a Woodland Fairy, and came up with a little lady.


Once I had transferred and embroidered her on to my fabric, I used a regular back stitch to embroider some balloon strings.

I was going to try either embroidering or using appliqué to make some balloons, but then I spied some buttons which would do the job perfectly!

A few stitches and it was done.


I’m really enjoying embroidery at the moment and have a few more ideas I want to try, but, without an endless supply of embroidery hoops I’m wondering what to do with the embroidery once I’ve finished.

 Do you just buy more hoops or do you use the embroidery in other projects?

Well, I’m off to resume ‘Snow Watch’.

Hope your week is off to a wonderful start.



Photobucket



15 comments :

  1. This is great inspiration- I am picturing it on the hem of a skirt! Saw you @ The Girl Creative
    Come by for a visit sometime!
    Catherine
    tbc-tobecontinued.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute. I've never done embroidery. I have cross-stitched.

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute!! I love how sweet it is! Thanks for linking up to Craft and Tell!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your embroidery piece is adorable! I love the button balloons.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How darling! I need to learn to embroider!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is far to sweet for words! its just darling!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute, cute, cute!!! I buy emb. hoops at the thrift store for cheap. I don't "embroider"...is that a word??? But I use them for other things :) Laurel

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super Duper Cute!!! Embroidery is on my list of things to learn to do, nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so sweet, I love it!

    :)
    LD
    besweetlyinspired.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh this is adorable, I just love this idea! I might use it for a card! So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. so cute! love the buttons as balloons. we're supposed to get about an inch...not enough snow to warrant a snow watch here. have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love everything about this! the simplicity, the colors, the whimsy! thanks for linking it to tip-toe thru tuesday last week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. tooooo cute - love the buttons balloons!

    www.NorthernCottage.net

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hooray, hooray, you were featured today! Check out this week's Refresh Your Nest Friday:

    http://makinglemonadeblog.blogspot.com/2012/02/refresh-your-nest-friday-21.html

    XOXO,
    C.

    ReplyDelete

Thank's for taking the time to read and comment, I appreciate each one!

09 10