Embroidering the Nights Away ~ VW Inspired Sewing

I’ve always had a love for VW Camper vans, Beetles and Mini Coopers, when I was a little girl my dream for when I grew up was not to have a big puff ball white wedding but the entire range of Mini’s, not the modern ones which are frankly anything but mini. I wanted the original teeny tiny ones in the original colours, I aimed high! 

Oh and a pair of Vans, but now I’d rather stick with my chucks!

vw cars and campers

Anyhoo, putting my little collection of VW’s out the other day prompted me to do some sewing, some VW inspired sewing.

I drew an outline of a a VW camper on to some plain fabric, and then secured it in a hoop frame.

image on fabric to embroider

I ummed and ahhhed for ages debating on what colour floss to use, finally settling on these.

embroidery hoop and floss

Over a few evenings I embroidered the image, adding buttons for eyes.

camper van stitches

Rather than use the VW logo in the centre I decided to pop a brad through the fabric, looks pretty nifty if I do say so!

hoopy embroidery

For now I have hung it above my desk, but I think I might somehow add it to  a canvas tote.

{It’s a little wonky, but I kinda like that, hopefully as I do more embroidery I will get better at sewing in the lines!}

I just have to share this photo of my boys, my mum got these teddy bears for them when they were born, when you squeeze their paw they play Twinkle Twinkle {the bears not the boys} the other the day the boys were both feeling poorly and just wanted cuddles with their teddies, so cute!



Linking up to some of these blogs


 Creative Itch       Photobucket   homework Today's Creative Blog  Our Delightful Home Confessions of a Stay At Home Mommy    NightOwlCrafting        Creations by Kara    Pincushion Creations   Laugh, Love, & Craft

Comments

  1. That is so cute, Amanda! You did a super job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!! How creative! You are so stinkin cute! I love that color combo you chose. And the addition of the buttons. Absolutely adorable! kweenbee_612@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that looks so cute! Liz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! I love the combination of colours you used :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my word - so stinkin darling - love love love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE IT! I had a 1970 VW Camper (hard top, red and white) and I absolutely adored it, her name was Tia Rosa. We had to sell it when we made an international move. :( Love your embroidery project. I would love if you posted the bag you put it on too. New follower, found you on Crafter By Day's link party. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is super cute. Really awesome. I hope you will link this up tonight at my Swing into Spring party that opens at 8pm EST tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cute is that!? Love it. Thanks for sharing at Terrific Tuesdays.
    Rachel
    adventuresofadiymom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. that's beyond cute! i love it! thanks for linking up to tip-toe thru tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much for linking up to Your Whims Wednesday, I featured this on my blog today! Come stop by and grab a button :) http://www.mygirlishwhims.com/2012/05/your-whims-wednesday-61-and-features.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. love it . i drive a vw bug , by any chance could i get a copy of your pattern to do one for me ?? thanks so much , my personal email is overmypinkrainbow at yahoo.com thanks so much , love your projects

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank's for taking the time to read and comment, I appreciate each one!